Sunday, March 15, 2009

Free Bibles



Over spring break my grandparents thought it would be interesting to take me to bike week in Daytona.  It was most certainly an experience.  There were thousands of motorcyclists lining the streets.  The sounds of accelerating engines filled the air.  So many people were on the sidewalk that I could hardly stop to take a picture before someone would bump into me, or walk across my photo.  Many people were drunk, and many women with little clothes on, some were on tables. It was chaos.  Then I saw this man.  Humbly sitting on his bike handing out free bibles.  It seemed so strange to me in the given context.  I tried to take a picture conveying the surreal emotion I felt when I experienced this encounter first hand.  To me, this is very strange and beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment